One of the most common question, which is always in debate is whether it is good to run on a treadmill or to run outdoors. One thing that everyone needs to understand is everything in this world comes with their own pros and cons and hence you cannot decide which is best for everyone. It is definitely going to differ from person to person. So, when it comes to the question whether it is good to run on the treadmill at home or to go outdoors, then you can say that both will give you the same advantages with just a few adjustments or changes in the way you actually do them.
Here is when you can go for a treadmill and when you can go for outdoor running…
The advantages of running on a treadmill
- When you are running at home on a treadmill, then there are no restrictions on weather. Whether it is too hot or whether it is raining outside, you can still continue with your workout session at home.
- You can do it at any time of your wish when you run on a treadmill. But you cannot go for an outdoor run at any time of the day. It is just impossible for anyone.
- You can simply stop at any time when you feel tired and relax. But when you are outdoors, you cannot do that as you need to come back to your home. That means, you need to travel all the distance back, which you have travelled so far.
- You can set your own inclination levels on the treadmill when you are preparing yourself for something. You need not have to worry at all.
The advantages of running outdoors
- You need not have to spend on a treadmill or get a gym membership in order to use a treadmill. You can just start running on the road without having to spend a penny.
- You can do your workout session even when you are out of station or travelling. You need not have to wait to get back home or you need not have to look for a gym.
- If you are looking for any kind sport specific training, then outdoor running can be a good choice as you will be able to make a lot out of it.
- You will be able enjoy the nature and breath in some fresh air early in the morning or in the evening. This is one of the best things when you are trying to relax your body and maintain health.
- You will be able to find a lot of people around you, who are also running and jogging and that is going to keep you motivated. When you are doing it alone at home, you will feel bored and discouraged.
Like said earlier, there are cons also for both running on a best treadmill and also for running outside. Injuries are one of the common cons and that can happen in both the situations. But with treadmill, there are more chances of knee problems as there will be a lot of pressure on the legs. So, if you are having any kind of problem with your knees, it is always good to go outdoors for a good walk or slow jogging, rather than choosing to run on a treadmill.
So, compare the pros and cons of both and also consider what you are looking for in the workout session and then plan which is best for you. Make a choice yourself and that can be a great choice.